Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It's Cold Tonight

Rough notes - I'll get to it!

Old guy
Japan is too cold, isn't it
One year from retirement
Married for four years to Philipino
Moving to Philipino when he retires
His nenkin is 125,000 yen. With that he can live in luxury in the Philipine. Even a bank worker over there only gets 20,000 yen per month.

He doesn't speak Tagalog. He has no need to learn it as his wife speaks Japanese. There are so many Philipinos who speak Japanese and there are lots of Japanese and Korean restaurants. He hates Philipino food. It's too supai.

I gave him a couple of hundred yen for his Philipino retirement fund. He gave me a map of the entrances to the expressway. Not being a driver, I trashed it the following morning, but the sentiment - that I will keep for a long time.

No comments: